On October 30, Indian indices registered their second consecutive session of gains. The market commenced with a lower opening due to mixed global cues, and initial hours saw a continuation of losses. However, a mid-session surge in buying, particularly in heavyweight stocks, as well as the oil & gas and real estate sectors, propelled the indices to close near their highest points of the day.
NIFTY: The index opened flat at 19,053 and made a high of 19,158 before closing at 19,140. Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick pattern with long lower shadow on the daily chart, indicating support-based buying. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 19,200 while immediate support is at 19,100.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 61 points lower at 42,721 and closed at 43,039. Bank Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick pattern with long lower wick on the daily timeframe. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 43,250 while support is at 42,800.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ BPCL: Stock gained over 3% to Rs 346, snapping its five-day losing streak. The gains come after the company reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 8,501 crore in Q2 FY24.
▪ SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd: Stock rose 1.8%, snapping a four-day losing streak. For Q2, it reported a net profit of Rs 380 crore, up 0.8% YoY.
▪ Piramal Pharma: Stock surged over 3% after the company reported a 11% on-year growth in consolidated revenue and managed to report a net profit after a quarter of loss.
▪ European stock markets opened higher on Monday despite ongoing volatility in the Middle East, with investors keeping a close eye on the latest economic data out of Germany.
▪ Gold prices traded around the key $2,000 level on Monday, as investors positioned cautiously ahead of the US Federal Reserve’s policy meeting this week and haven demand due to the Middle East conflict provided a floor.
▪ Asia-Pacific markets started the week mixed ahead of key economic data from around the region.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.