On December 29, domestic equities concluded the final trading session of 2023 lower, snapping a five-day winning run as investors booked profits. Despite this, all broader market indices wrapped up the year on an upbeat note. Among sectoral indices, Nifty PSU Bank was the biggest loser, down 0.64%. Nifty Bank and Nifty IT fell about half a percent each. In contrast, Nifty Auto emerged as the biggest gainer, up over a percent, with Nifty Realty and Nifty Metal also marking significant gains.
NIFTY: The index opened 41 points lower at 21,737 and made a high of 21,770 before closing at 21,731. Nifty has formed a Doji candlestick pattern on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 21,770 while immediate support is at 21,675.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 134 points lower at 48,374 and closed at 48,292. Bank Nifty has formed a small bearish candlestick pattern with a long lower shadow and a small upper shadow on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 48,450 while support is at 48,050.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Railtel Corporation of India Ltd.: Stock jumped over 15% after the company secured an order worth Rs 120.45 crore from South Central Railway.
▪ Shakti Pumps (India) Ltd.: Stock ended 2% higher after the company received a fresh order from the Haryana Renewable Energy Department (HAREDA).
▪ Kalpataru Projects International Ltd.: Stock surged 8% after the company, along with its joint ventures (JVs) and international subsidiaries, secured orders worth Rs 3,244 crore.
▪ Gold prices gained on Friday and were headed for their best year in three, supported by expectations that the US Federal Reserve could begin easing its monetary policy as early as March next year.
▪ The dollar edged higher on Friday but was still set to end 2023 with a loss, reversing two straight years of gains.
▪ Oil prices are set to end 2023 about 10% lower, the first annual decline in two years, after geopolitical concerns, production cuts and global measures to rein in inflation triggered wild fluctuations in prices.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.