POST-MARKET SUMMARY 26 May 2023
Post-market data and news around listed stocks.
The Indian equity market ended higher for the second consecutive day, hitting a five-month high and beginning the June F&O series on a positive note. The rally was mainly triggered by broad-based buying across sectors, especially in index heavyweights. Nifty resumed its upward trajectory after two weeks of consolidation, reflecting renewed investor confidence.
NIFTY: The index opened 47 points higher at 18,368 and made a high of 18,508 before closing at 18,499. The Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick pattern on closing. Its immediate resistance level is placed at 18,600 while support is at 18,430.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 84 points higher at 43,765 and closed at 44,018. Bank Nifty has formed a bullish hammer on closing. Its immediate resistance level is placed at 44,178 while support is at 43,400. Once the resistance zone is breached, we may see a fresh high in the index.
Broader Market Indices Today Month Till Date (MTD) Year Till Date (YTD)
Stocks in Spotlight
- Sun Pharma: Quarterly net profit declines 8.3% to Rs 1,984.5 crore from Rs 2,166 crore in the year-ago quarter
- Praj Industries: Stock jumps 7% as Q4 PAT rises 53%. The company has proposed a final dividend of Rs 4.5/share for FY23.Info Edge: Stock rallies 8% as standalone net profit jumps 48% to Rs 179 crore while revenue rises 24% to Rs 564 crore compared to the year-ago quarter.
- Reliance Retail: Its FMCG arm partners with General Mills to launch Alan’s Bugles in India
- Gold prices recover from two-month lows, aided by a weakened US dollar as US debt ceiling negotiations make progress.
- Chris Wood of Jefferies increases overweight position in Indian, Korean and Taiwanese stocks by 100 bps in his Asia-Pacific ex-Japan portfolio.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.