On January 25, the benchmark indices eroded gains from the previous day as banks and IT stocks faced renewed pressure. Fading hopes of US rate cuts, coupled with persistent FII selling, negatively impacted market sentiment. While realty and energy indices witnessed gains up to 0.8%, the financial services, pharma, bank, IT, FMCG, and healthcare indices all recorded declines of over 1%.
NIFTY: The index opened flat at 21,454 and made a high of 21,459 before closing at 21,352. Nifty has formed a small bearish candlestick pattern on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 21,400 while immediate support is at 21,250.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened flat at 45,057 and closed at 44,866. Bank Nifty has formed a long bearish candlestick after breaking its 10 and 21-week exponential moving averages (EMAs) on the weekly chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 45,200 while support is at 44,400.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ UCO Bank: Stock fell 3.4% after the lender’s net profit plunged 23% YoY to Rs 503.83 crore in Q3FY34.
▪ Laurus Labs: Stock fell 5.6% after the pharma company reported a fourth consecutive quarterly decline in profit and revenue.
▪ Tech Mahindra: Stock fell 5.9% after the company reported a 60.6% fall in net profit to Rs 510 crore year-on-year for the December quarter.
▪ Gold prices edged higher on Thursday, helped by a slight pullback in the dollar, while investors awaited more U.S. economic data and the European Central Bank’s (ECB) policy decision.
▪ The dollar was broadly steady near a six-week high on Thursday, while the euro was soft before a European Central Bank policy meeting later in the day.
▪ The pan-European Stoxx 600 was down 0.4% in early afternoon deals, with most sectors trading in negative territory. Autos stocks were down 1.3% while media stocks were up 0.4%.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.