Indian markets ended with losses for the third consecutive day on September 21. This decline followed the US Federal Reserve’s decision to maintain its current policy stance, with indications that interest rates would stay elevated for an extended period. Ongoing selling by foreign institutional investors (FIIs) and the persistent rise in crude oil prices added to the market's apprehension. Furthermore, the global markets' weakness dampened investor sentiment. Barring Nifty Media, all other sectoral indices closed in red.
NIFTY: The index opened 61 points lower at 19,840 and made a high of 19,848 before closing at 19,742. Nifty has formed a long bearish candlestick on the daily chart, making lower lows, lower highs for the third straight session. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 19,850 while immediate support is at 19,600.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 205 points lower at 45,179 and closed at 44,623. Bank Nifty has formed a long bearish candlestick on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 45,000 while support is at 44,400.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ SJVN: Stock tanked 13% after the government launched an offer for sale (OFS) for up to 4.92% equity stake at a deeply discounted floor price.
▪ Cipla Ltd: Stock slumped 2.7% after Cipla's wholly owned US subsidiary, InvaGen Pharmaceuticals, received 5 inspectional observations from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA).
▪ Apollo Tyres: Stock slumped nearly 3% after the company announced a temporary halt of its bias off-the-road (OTR) tyre production at its manufacturing facility in Gujarat.
▪ Pan-European Stoxx 600 index was down 1.3%, with all sectors in the red. Travel and leisure stocks saw the biggest drop, down by 2.9%, followed by mining stocks, which shed 2.4%.
▪ Asia-Pacific markets fell across the region after the US Federal Reserve held its benchmark policy rate but said it will raise interest rates one more time this year, according to the central bank’s projections.
▪ Oil prices fell on Thursday, after posting the largest decline in a month in the previous session, as US interest rate hike expectations offset the impact of drawdowns in US crude stockpiles.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and / or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.