On November 20, the Indian benchmark indices concluded lower for the second consecutive session. The market commenced on a subdued note amid mixed global cues and remained rangebound throughout the day. The Nifty fell below 19,700 due to selling pressure in the auto, capital, and FMCG sectors. However, the day saw buying interest in IT and Healthcare names, helping to offset some of the intraday losses. Notably, the IT index recorded a 0.6% gain, while the healthcare index showed a 0.3% increase.
NIFTY: The index opened flat at 19,731 and made a high of 19,756 before closing at 19,694. Nifty has formed a small bearish candlestick pattern with minor upper and lower shadows on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 19,760 while immediate support is at 19,670.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened flat at 43,591 and closed at 43,584. Bank Nifty has formed a Doji kind of candlestick pattern on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 43,875 while support is at 43,400.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Mankind Pharma: Stock surged 4.8% to touch an all-time high after the pharmaceutical company was added to the FTSE All-World, Large-Cap, Total-Cap, and All-Cap indices, marking a significant recognition for the Indian company.
▪ Tata Investment: Stock rallied 14.46% to hit a fresh 52-week high, extending its stellar rally for the second consecutive day. The sharp rally comes ahead of the Tata Technologies IPO, which will open for public subscription on November 22.
▪ Bajaj Finance: Stock fell 2.15% after the lender temporary suspended issuing member ID cards to customers following a November 15 RBI order.
▪ Asia-Pacific markets were mostly higher on Monday after most major bourses ended lower in the previous session, while China left its benchmark lending rates unchanged.
▪ The dollar slid to a more than two-month low on Monday, extending a downtrend from last week as traders reaffirmed their belief that US rates have peaked and turned their attention to when the Federal Reserve could begin cutting rates.
▪ Gold prices on Monday slipped from their two-week highs hit in the last session, as US Treasury yields bounced back.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.