On February 12, the Indian market opened marginally higher but failed to sustain the gains as the session progressed, with the Sensex and the Nifty closing near the day’s low ahead of CPI inflation data announcement. Across sectors, FMCG, PSU bank, capital goods, metal, oil & gas, power, and realty experienced declines ranging from 1% to 4% each, while healthcare and IT indices ended the day in positive territory.
NIFTY: The index opened flat at 21,800 and made a high of 21,831 before closing at 21,616. Nifty has formed a bearish candlestick on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 21,700 while immediate support is at 21,575.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 30 points higher at 45,664 and closed at 44,882. Bank Nifty has formed a long bearish candlestick pattern on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 45,250 while support is at 44,500.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Bandhan Bank: Stock fell 7.7% after loans worth Rs 23,300 crore it lent out under credit guarantee schemes came under review by the National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company (NCGTC) on doubts of evergreening.
▪ Bharat Forge: Stock fell 13.9% even after the company’s net profit surged 223% to Rs 254.45 crore in Q3FY24.
▪ Divi’s Laboratories: Stock gained 2.3% after the company’s net profit jumped 17% YoY to Rs 358 crore in Q3FY24.
▪ Asian shares were mixed on Monday, with most regional markets closed for holidays while US Futures edged lower after the S&P 500 ended last week above 5,000. This week will bring an important update from the US on consumer inflation expectations. Japan is due to announce its GDP growth for the last quarter of 2023 on Thursday.
▪ Gold edged lower on Monday due to an uptick in the dollar, although prices were stuck in a tight range as investors looked forward to US inflation data and comments from Federal Reserve officials this week.
▪ Oil prices slipped as investors indulged in some profit-booking as refining outages squeezed refined products markets.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.