On December 11, in a session marked by volatility, Indian equity benchmarks reached new milestones, as the Sensex crossed the 70,000 mark for the first time, and the Nifty surged to a record high of 21,026.10. The rally was driven by extensive buying activity across various sectors, barring pharma. PSU banks, FMCG, capital goods, power, metal, and realty witnessed gains of 0.5-1%, while pharma slipped 0.4%.
NIFTY: The index opened flat at 20,965 and made a high of 21,026 before closing at 20,997. Nifty has formed a small-bodied bullish candlestick pattern with upper and lower shadows on daily scale. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 21,025 while immediate support is at 20,900.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 29 points higher at 47,233 and closed at 47,314. Bank Nifty formed small bodied bullish candlestick pattern with a long upper shadow which resembles the Shooting Star kind of candlestick pattern on the daily charts. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 47,600 while support is at 47,150.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Tata Power: Stock surged 2.9% after its subsidiary Tata Power EV Charging Solutions signed an agreement to roll out 500+ fast and ultra-fast electric vehicle (EV) charging points across India.
▪ Coforge: Stock gained over 1% after global brokerage firm Jefferies raised its target price from Rs 6,250 to Rs 6,580 as the company optimises costs to improve margins by 150-300 bps over next 3-4 years.
▪ IREDA: Stock surged 20% and got locked in the upper circuit after the company floated a retail division for providing loans under PM-KUSUM scheme, Rooftop Solar, and other Business-to-Consumer (B2C) sectors.
▪ Gold prices declined on Monday pressured by a firm US dollar, as investors look ahead to several major central bank meetings and US inflation data this week for further clarity on the interest rate path.
▪ European markets were mixed as global investors look ahead to this week’s Federal Reserve policy meeting.
▪ Oil prices dipped on Monday as worries persisted around crude oversupply despite OPEC+ cuts and softer fuel demand growth next year.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.