On January 9, profit-booking in the final hour resulted in benchmark indices surrendering most of the morning gains. Investor anxiety ahead of the earnings season kickoff and weakness in the Asian market kept them vigilant. The Nifty concluded the day at 21,544.85, up by 31.85 points or 0.15%. The sectoral matrix exhibited a mixed performance, with Nifty Realty emerging as the top gainer, rising by 2.52%. Other notable gainers included Nifty Healthcare, up by 1%, and Nifty Auto, which also advanced around 1%. Conversely, Nifty Media suffered the most significant loss, declining by 3.32%, primarily due to substantial selling in Zee Entertainment. Nifty Bank and Nifty Financial Services also ended the day with losses.
NIFTY: The index opened 140 points higher at 21,653 and made a high of 21,724 before closing at 21,544. Nifty has formed a bearish candlestick pattern with a long upper shadow and small lower shadow on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 21,600 while immediate support is at 21,500.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 255 points higher at 47,705 and closed at 47,242. Bank Nifty has formed a bearish candlestick pattern with a long upper shadow on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 47,400 while support is at 46,900.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Capacite Infraprojects: Stock surged 2.59% after the company launched a QIP for Rs 200 crore.
▪ Tata Motors: Stock gained 1.5% after the company’s Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) division recorded the highest wholesale figures for 11 quarters in the October-December period.
▪ L&T: Stock gained 1.68% after the company won an order to develop AIIMS in Haryana.
▪ Asia-Pacific markets mostly rose Tuesday, rebounding from a sell-off in the previous session, with the Nikkei 225 hitting a 33-year high on the back of gains in tech stocks.
▪ Oil prices rose on Tuesday after sliding in the previous session as markets weighed Middle East tensions against demand worries and rising OPEC supply.
▪ A decline in U.S. consumer inflation expectations kept the dollar rally in check on Tuesday as traders reaffirmed their bets for a slew of Federal Reserve rate cuts this year.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.