The equity markets ended on a positive note on October 5, breaking a two-day losing streak, thanks to a global market recovery. A slight rebound in US treasury yields and the dollar index also contributed to boosting investor confidence. In this context, it is advisable to monitor leveraged positions closely and give preference to major index stocks over other options.
NIFTY: The index opened 85 points higher at 19,521 and made a high of 19,576 before closing at 19,545. Nifty has formed a spinning top pattern on the daily chart, indicating a tug-of-war between the bulls and the bears at the higher levels. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 19,700 while immediate support is at 19,400.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 217 points higher at 44,181 and closed at 44,213. Bank Nifty has formed a small-bodied bullish candlestick pattern on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 44,400 while support is at 43,900.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ TCS: Stock gained 1.5% after the IT services firm was selected by the Georgia Department of Labor to replace its 1980s-era legacy platform with a cloud-based unemployment insurance system.
▪ L&T: Stock was up over 2% after its buildings and factories business bagged orders of Rs 2,500-5,000 crore.
▪ Marico Ltd: Stock tanked 5% after the FMCG player reported that its consolidated revenue for the September quarter was marginally lower from the year-ago period, dragged by pricing corrections in key domestic portfolios over the last 12 months.
▪ Stoxx 600 index was up 0.36% after three negative sessions. Sectors were mixed, with travel stocks up 1.6%, and oil and gas down 1%.
▪ Asia-Pacific markets rose after U.S. Treasury yields eased from 16-year highs following much weaker-than-expected jobs data.
▪ Oil prices inched up in early trade on Thursday, clawing back some of the previous session’s big losses.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and / or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.