On January 5, Indian equity benchmarks continued their positive trend for second day, supported by buying in IT stocks. Investors exercised caution in anticipation of eurozone inflation data later in the day. Notably, Nifty IT led the sectoral indices with a 1.29% increase, while Nifty Auto and Nifty Realty also saw notable gains. Conversely, Nifty Pharma and Nifty PSU Bank experienced declines.
NIFTY: The index opened 47 points higher at 21,705 and made a high of 21,749 before closing at 21,710. Nifty has formed a doji candlestick pattern with a small upper shadow and a long lower shadow on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 21,750 while immediate support is at 21,630.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 50 points higher at 48,245 and closed at 48,159. Bank Nifty has formed a small bodied bearish candle with small upper shadow and long lower shadow on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 48,300 while support is at 47,800.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Suzlon Energy: Stock gained 4.9% after the company won an order to develop a 225-MW wind power project from Everrenew Energy.
▪ Shree Cement: Stock ended 4.9% lower after income tax department slapped a Rs 4,000-crore tax demand after it surveyed five locations of the company in June.
▪ KPI Green Energy: Stock gained 1.5% after the company’s subsidiary, KPIG Energia, bagged a 3-megawatt solar power project contract from Jayco Synthetics.
▪ Gold prices slipped on Friday and were on track for their first weekly fall in four, weighed down by a stronger dollar and higher bond yields, while investors keenly awaited US non-farm payrolls data due later in the day.
▪ Oil prices gained on Friday, as US Secretary of State Antony Blinken prepared to visit the Middle East to try and prevent the Israel-Gaza conflict from widening.
▪ The dollar rose on Friday, heading for its steepest weekly rise since May as traders scaled back expectations of early US interest rate cuts this year.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.