On December 4, the market surged to new highs, with equity benchmarks experiencing a gain of more than 2% as investors celebrated the BJP's victories in three state elections. Financial services and energy sectors took the lead in the rally. The election results, coupled with unexpectedly robust GDP numbers, underscored India's political stability and economic growth, making it an ideal choice for investors.
NIFTY: The index opened 335 points higher at 20,601 and made a high of 20,702 before closing at 20,686. Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick pattern with a long lower shadow on the daily chart, with higher highs and higher lows for five days in a row. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 20,750 while immediate support is at 20,580.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 857 points higher at 45,671 and closed at 46,431. Bank Nifty continued its higher high and higher low pattern for seventh straight session, forming a strong bullish candlestick pattern on the daily scale. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 46,500 while support is at 46,250.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ ABB India: Stock jumped over 5% with strong volumes. As many as 8 lakh shares were traded against the daily monthly average of 2 lakh.
▪ Lemon Tree: Stock gained over 2% after the company opened new hotels in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
▪ Newgen Software: Stock jumped 2.5% after Jefferies raised its target price to Rs 1,740 from Rs 1,275, remaining confident about the company’s growth outlook.
▪ The dollar ticked higher on Monday, regaining some ground after falling for three straight weeks on bets that the Federal Reserve will soon be cutting interest rates.
▪ Consequently, Gold prices bolted to an all-time high above $2,100 per ounce on Monday.
▪ Oil prices extended declines, pressured by investor scepticism over the latest OPEC+ decision on supply cuts and uncertainty surrounding global fuel demand, though the risk of supply disruptions from the Middle East conflict limited losses.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.