On December 27, the benchmark indices achieved new milestones, closing higher for the fourth consecutive session, with Nifty reaching 21,650. The market commenced on an optimistic note amid positive global cues and continued to gain throughout the day. While some profit booking occurred at mid-session, last-hour buying aided indices in closing near the day's high. Except for the oil & gas and power sectors, all other sectoral indices concluded in the green, with the auto, bank, and metal sectors each gaining 1%.
NIFTY: The index opened 56 points higher at 21,497 and made a high of 21,675 before closing at 21,654. Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 21,700 while immediate support is at 21,600.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 94 points higher at 47,818 and closed at 48,282. Bank Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick pattern with upper and lower shadows on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 48,350 while support is at 48,150.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ SJVN Ltd: Stock gained 1.5% on bagging a 100-MW solar power project from Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd (GUVNL).
▪ Larsen & Toubro Ltd: Stock climbed 1.5%, after the company bagged a major order for the Amaala project in the Red Sea region of Saudi Arabia.
▪ Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd: Stock surged nearly 4% following the company's approval of a plan for the monetisation of idle land parcels that have not been utilised for productive purposes.
▪ Gold prices steadied on Wednesday as trading was muted in the last week of the year, but bullion was headed for its best year in three on expectations that the Federal Reserve will cut rates in the first quarter of 2024.
▪ The dollar slipped to a five-month low on Wednesday and the euro touched a four-month peak, but thin year-end trading flows limited moves.
▪ Oil prices stabilized on Wednesday after the previous day’s strong gains as investors monitored Red Sea developments, with some major shippers resuming passage through the trade route despite continued attacks and broader Middle East tensions.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.