On July 24, benchmark indices closed lower due to significant selling pressure amid weak global cues and the ongoing earnings season. As the first-quarter earnings reports are currently unfolding, market expectations are being adjusted accordingly, leading to profit-booking in both heavyweight stocks and financial sectors in response to the recent news flows.
NIFTY: The index opened flat at 19,748 and made a high of 19,782 before closing at 19,672. Nifty has formed a bearish candlestick pattern on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 19,800 while immediate support is at 19,600.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 56 points higher at 46,131 and closed at 45,923. We're seeing a tug-of-war between the bulls and bears, resulting in a sideways movement. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 46,200 while support is at 45,700.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Biocon Ltd: Stock fell 5.5% after the company received six observations from the US Food & Drug Administration (USFDA).
▪ NHPC Ltd: Stock jumped 6% as the Arunachal Pradesh government approved for allotment of Subansiri Upper HE Project (2000 MW) and Kamala HE Project (1800 MW) to the company.
▪ Power Finance Corporation Ltd: Stock gained over 5.5% after the company signed 19 contracts worth Rs 2.37 lakh crore in the clean energy space.
▪ Pan-European Stoxx 600 moved lower in early afternoon deals, slipping 0.2%, with all major bourses trading in negative territory. Household goods led losses, dropping 1.5%, while telecoms stocks added 1%.
▪ Gold prices held steady on Monday as investors awaited a US Federal Reserve meeting this week where the central bank could signal a pause in interest rate hikes from July.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and / or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.