Markets traded volatile on the weekly expiry day and ended in the red. After the initial gap-up opening, Nifty extended gains in early trades but selling pressure in heavyweights pushed the index lower as the day progressed. The market opened strong on positive global cues and extended the gains in the initial hours but then slipped on widespread selling in the second half to end near the day's low.
NIFTY: The index opened 91 points higher at 19,535 and made a high of 19,584 before closing at 19,386. Nifty has formed a long bearish candlestick pattern resembling a Bearish Engulfing kind of formation on the daily timeframe (not a classical one), indicating the possibility of bear strength. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 19,500 while immediate support is at 19,300.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 225 points higher at 44,704 and closed at 44,496. Bank Nifty has formed a bearish candlestick pattern with a long upper shadow on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 44,800 while support is at 44,200.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Coforge Ltd: Stock surged over 9% after 1.54 crore shares, worth Rs 7,329.3 crore, changed hands in a block deal.
▪ Gujarat Ambuja Exports: Stock jumped nearly 5% after the processed agro-goods producer received the approval to set up a greenfield corn wet milling plant in Gujarat's Himmatnagar from the state's pollution control board.
▪ Centum Electronics: Stock rallied nearly 8% after the successful landing of Chandrayaan-3 on the moon. Centum was a key industrial partner to ISRO for electronics on the prestigious moon mission and supplied critical modules and systems.
▪ Pan-European Stoxx 600 index was up 0.3% shortly before noon in London, having pared opening gains of 0.9%. Financial services added 0.9% while mining stocks fell 0.3%.
▪ Asia-Pacific markets rose on Thursday, with Hong Kong stocks leading regional gains. The Hang Seng index climbed 1.93% in its final hour, while mainland Chinese markets were also up, with the CSI 300 gaining 0.72% and closing at 3,723.43.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and / or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.