Benchmark indices displayed a familiar pattern of resilience on August 16, rebounding from earlier losses to conclude the day with gains. This upward movement was fuelled by buying activities spanning various sectors, except for metal and banking. Nonetheless, despite this rebound, we expect volatility to persist in the immediate future amid elevated inflation levels within both domestic as well as global economies.
NIFTY: The index opened 65 points lower at 19,369 and made a high of 19,482 before closing at 19,465. Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick pattern with minor upper and lower shadows on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 19,600 while immediate support is at 19,300.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 364 points lower at 43,726 and closed at 43,946. Bank Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick pattern with minor upper and lower shadows on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 44,100 while support is at 43,700.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Pennar Industries Ltd: Stock surged 6% to touch a 52-week high after the company bagged orders worth Rs 702 crore.
▪ Tejas Networks Ltd: Stock gained 3.65% after the company executed the master contract with TCS towards supply, support, and annual maintenance services of Radio Access Network equipment for BSNL’s Pan-India 4G/5G network for approximately 100,000 sites.
▪ InterGlobe Aviation Ltd: Stock slumped 3.5% after a block deal involving 5.1% equity in the company. Around two crore shares in the company changed hands through a deal worth Rs 4,837 crore.
▪ European Stoxx 600 index bounced either side of the flatline Wednesday morning. Sectors were spread across positive and negative territory, with retail stocks leading gains with a 1% uptick and travel and leisure seeing a 0.6% downturn.
▪ Gold clawed higher on Wednesday on a weaker dollar and bond yields, recovering some ground after retreating below the key $1,900 level in the last session following robust US economic data.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and / or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.