On January 12, Indian equity indices extended their upward momentum reaching new record highs. This bullish trend was largely driven by robust quarterly earnings from IT sector giants Infosys and TCS. The Nifty recorded a significant increase of 1.14%, closing at 21,894.50. Except for the auto, power, and healthcare sectors, all other sectoral indices concluded in positive territory. The IT index surged by 5%, while the realty and oil & gas indices saw gains of 2% each.
NIFTY: The index opened 126 points higher at 21,773 and made a high of 21,928 before closing at 21,894. Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick pattern on weekly chart with a long lower shadow indicating strong buying interest at lower levels. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 21,930 while immediate support is at 21,830.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 134 points higher at 47,572 and closed at 47,709. Bank Nifty has formed a bullish candlestick pattern with higher highs and higher lows formation on the daily charts. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 47,900 while support is at 47,590.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Mahindra and Mahindra: Stock declined after the company reported a 41% decline in exports in December from the year-ago period.
▪ TCS: Stock gained 4% on in-line earnings for the December quarter on revenue and margin beat and a healthy deal pipeline.
▪ FSN-E Commerce: Stock declined 3.3% after a 0.9% stake changed hands in a block deal.
▪ The Stoxx 600 was 0.6% higher by 1:30 p.m. London time, with almost all sectors trading in positive territory. Oil and gas stocks were up 1.6%, while construction, media and retail stocks all rose more than 1.1%.
▪ The dollar rose as traders weighed an ambiguous U.S. inflation report and tensions in the Middle East, where the United States and Britain launched air and sea strikes against Houthi targets in Yemen.
▪ Oil prices rose more than 2% as the United States and Britain carried out strikes against Houthi military targets in Yemen in retaliation for attacks by the Iran-backed group on shipping in the Red Sea starting from late last year.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and/or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.