On August 1, the Nifty ended in the negative territory as it was unable to surpass the significant psychological barrier of 19,800 for the second consecutive session. The market witnessed lackluster trading activity, with banking & financial services, auto, FMCG, and oil & gas sectors facing selling pressure.
NIFTY: The index opened 31 points higher at 19,784 and made a high of 19,795 before closing at 19,733. Nifty has formed a bearish candle on the daily chart, with a minor lower shadow. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 19,850 while immediate support is at 19,600.
BANK NIFTY: The index opened 89 points higher at 45,740 and closed at 45,592. Bank Nifty has formed a bearish candlestick on the daily chart. Its immediate resistance level is now placed at 45,800 while support is at 45,300.
Stocks in Spotlight
▪ Berger Paints Ltd: Stock gained nearly 3% after the company said it will consider a proposal for a bonus issue at its board meeting on August 9. Around 13 lakh shares changed hands on the exchanges, double the company’s monthly traded average.
▪ Atul Auto Ltd: Stock gained 1.85% after the company reported an 11.1% YoY rise in vehicle sales for July.
▪ Oberoi Realty Ltd: Stock slipped 1% after the real estate developer reported a 20.35% on-year decline in net profit for Q1 at Rs 321.36 crore.
▪ The Stoxx 600 was down 0.5% by midday London time, with all major bourses and majority of sectors trading in negative territory. Autos led losses, falling 1.9%, while financial services were down 1.1%.
▪ India's manufacturing activity dipped marginally to 57.7 in July though buoyant demand helped maintain growth momentum.
This document has been issued by Liquide Solutions Private Limited for information purposes only and should not be construed as
i) an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities, commodities, currencies or other investments referred to herein; or
ii) an offer to sell or a solicitation or an offer for the purchase of any of the baskets of Liquide Solutions; or
iii) investment research or investment advice. It does not have regard to specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive this document. Investors should seek personal and independent advice regarding the appropriateness of investing in any of the funds, securities, other investment, or investment strategies that may have been discussed or referred to herein and should understand that the views regarding future prospects may or may not be realized. In no event shall Liquide Life Private Limited and / or its affiliates or any of their directors, trustees, officers and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of information/opinion herein.
With Liquide, you can explore stocks, trade securely in your own broker account, and receive expert-recommended trade setups. Stay updated with real-time tracking, market commentary, and AI-powered insights from LiMo, our intelligent bot. Whether you're a seasoned investor or a newbie, Liquide provides the tools you need to discover your next big investment opportunity. Download the app now from Google Play Store and Apple App Store to revolutionize your investment journey. Don't miss out on the chance to level up your investing game with Liquide.